Friday, July 4, 2008

Independence Day and Hancock

Will Smith is in theaters across the country with [insert title of movie here] oh wait - it's "Hand Cock". Actually, the name is "Hancock", but apparently the movie is so rude that hand cock might be a good warning for anyone going to see it; plan to hear lots of rude language and profanity. The movie is rated PG-13, but the language really pushes the rating's boundaries. I personally don't like to hear lots of profanity so I'm disappointed with this development. I prefer comedy that relies on witty and creative dialogue and situations. It's great when someone can write something humorous without relying on terse language. Will Smith can certainly be funny without using much profanity - just think back to his roles in films like "Independence Day", "'Men in Black", and more recently in "Hitch". I guess I will just wait to see "Independence Day 2":



Oh wait, this isn't a real movie? *sigh*

No comments:

site statistics