Tuesday, November 18, 2008

WillCharles: Family Tree Maker - Famiva - Instant Site Creation. Free. No Risk.

I was on facebook thinking, wouldn't it be great if there were a website that let you to create family trees with your current family members? It would make it a lot easier to plan family outings, reunions, etc. "Why don't I make one?" I thought to myself. I've never heard of a site like that before.

I needed to know if there were any sites like this before breaking out my programming skills (read: learning programming skills) and I ended up finding a site that does what I was interested in: Famiva. This site allows you to invite your family members to a custom website and enter relationships, pictures, family and personal information.

So much for coming up with an original idea.

Nevertheless, I could make my own website anyway or create a facebook application that allows you to create a family tree using the information contained in users profiles and additional user inputted data. Maybe I should check to see if an application like this already exist...

No comments:

site statistics